i delivered this cute spring themed tiered cupcake stand to the hunter valley vineyards today- i love going out there it is so so pretty and i can see why it is such a popular weddding destination!
Monday, November 29, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
i thought i would share one of my favourite recipes for one of my favourite sweets! the most important part of this recipe is to cook it very slowly on a low heat- this keeps the colour of the meringue, it makes the outside crusty and the inside chewy- and so so so delicous. The other really really important thing is to use real vanilla, the alcohol in extract changes the texture of the meringue and nothing compares to the flavour of a real vanilla bean.
recipe: super cute pink meringues
makes approx 16
prep time 15 min
cooking time 1hr
4 large free range egg whites
1 cup of castor sugar
1 vanilla bean
rose pink food colouring (few drops)
rose water (approx 1 tsp) optional
icing sugar for dusting
- pre heat oven to 90 deg C fan forced
- line 2 trays with baking paper
- in electric mixer beat egg whites on high until frothy
- still on high gradually add all of the sugar
- keep beating until stiff peaks form
- mix in seeds from vanilla bean, colouring and rose water(optional)
- spoon large dollops of the meringue onto the baking tray
- use a palette knife to shape
- bake at a low temp until they are have thick crust and are light to pick up (approx 1 hr)
- let them cool in the oven with temp off and door ajar
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
i made these cute little tea pot and tea cup cookie packs for a baby shower last week, they were so so so cute and would suit a kitchen tea or tea party just as nicely! and thank you to nathalie who gave me her gorgeous little invitation boxes to package them in.
Monday, November 15, 2010
have i mentioned before that i love stationary?! i just thought i'd share some cute pics and patterns by french graphic designer fifi mandaric. i have been a fan of hers for a while- i love her style and use of bright colours and i was really excited to find her products when i was in paris last year. check out her blog and flickr for more cute designs.